Saturday, April 3, 2010

Welcome

It's been a long time coming, a true website to show off my photography.


Contemporary art that uses creative solutions to reach real people.


I sold my first professional photograph in 1991 and haven't looked back. I have been published in magazines, newspapers, organization journals, and commercial catalogs. I began exhibiting artwork in 1995 (first a three-photographer show then group and solo exhibits shortly thereafter). Exhibits have been presented in the United States, Canada and China including being honored at the Oklahoma State Capitol in 2009.

Gives out the annual Matt Jarvis Photography Travel Award at the University of Washington (Seattle) Photography Department to a worthy student from a rural area to travel to do a project internationally.

I use both film and digital cameras and produce work in print, video, slide shows and web formats. Video, slide shows and websites are saved to cd or dvd. Print work is up to 13" x 19" in house (additional time and cost work can be larger) on a standard medium (glossy or matte) or for an additional cost I can print on non-standard medium. I also have a large archive of stock images for websites and social networking backgrounds.

I know images and I will keep an eye out for yours.

If you hire me I will give you my super-secret shoe phone number so that you can contact me at your convenience (let it ring a couple of times as I have to take it off to speak into it).

I can do work as a single freelance job or commission or after a business relationship is established I can be maintained on a monthly retainer (more affordable and guarantees a set amount of hours per month). I can keep overhead down in the countryside, have the coolest music playing in my studio that is situated in the Osage Hills and be comfortable with my two dogs (a mut and a Tennessee Walker Hound).


When exhibiting I show up before the opening starts and leave at the end of the opening, talking one to one with gallery visitors and giving a brief talk about the work. I have a mailing list depending upon location that I will share. If gallery has an event for "elite" patrons I am willing to be present and do a Q & A session. In educational settings I like to give a 30-45 minute lecture that is more academic and suited to art students and professors.

No comments:

Post a Comment